17 February 2007

i'm driving on the wrong side of the road!

Yep, you read that right... for the past 24 hours I have been driving on the LEFT side of the road. And no, you will be happy to hear, I haven't hurt or killed anyone. "How is that possible?" you may ask? Well, because everyone here drives on the left side of the road... in Grand Cayman that is :) I got here yesterday to visit an incredible church, First Baptist, who is now four weeks into their second Upward season. I knew from the first time I talked with them on the phone that if anyone in a seemingly difficult situation could do Upward, they could. Their hearts are in tune with God's and they are striving to make this something their kids and parents will value for a lifetime. And from what I've heard over the past two years and from what I've seen over the past 24 hours, they are doing exactly what God set out for them to do... reach these children and this island for Christ.

A quick blurb before I head upstairs to my room to look at pictures and video from the day:
  • Driving on the left side of the road (and steering from the right side of the car) has more hazards than you may think... I've hit my RIGHT elbow on the "passenger's side" door more times than I can count (I'll let you figure that out)
  • Wearing shorts in February is a beautiful thing :)
  • Seeing basketball coaches wearing the national Cayman shoe (flip flops) to games is also a beautiful thing!
  • Swimming with sting rays definitely freaked me out, but they are just one of a gagillion or so reasons why God is such an amazing God.

That's all for now... I'll post pictures when I return home.
Much love from the islands!

No comments: