07 January 2008

What were you doing 4 yrs ago today?

I realized this afternoon that 4 years ago today - almost to the hour - I was getting on a plane to fly to Brussels, Belgium where I was going to live in a neighborhood with mostly north Africans and teach English to anyone who wanted to learn.

Who knew that during those five months I was there that I would learn so much about Islam, become friends with people from at least five different countries - all of which I never thought I would meet people from - take three trips to Paris, visit six different countires, be PUSHED out of my comfort zone more times that I can count, meet one of my best friends and a family who might as well be related to me by blood.

It's amazing to see how even now, four years later, God is still using what He taught me in the little country of Belgium to further me as a Christian woman on a daily basis. It blows my mind and I am SO thankful for Him and all that He has allowed me to experience these past four years :)

Arica sitting in one of Marc's Black Hawks in Germany.

One of our first "statue pictures" in Worms, Germany :)

In England - obviously.
Ah... I love Paris in the springtime!

Packing to travel back to South Carolina... and yes, the suitcase DID close!
So... what were YOU doing this time four years ago??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good times...good times. makes me want to be back there.
~arica

The Sparks said...

What was I doing this time four year ago...I was having mental breakdown! (ha! ha!) I was at home with a one month old and a 13 month old.. Not to mention a six year old and a husband.

Oh my goodness, how the Lord has blessed and taken care of me since then.

Thanks for reminding me!

jill said...

I was starting my student teaching... Dreading the middle schoolers who I ended up loving and teaching for 2 years!