22 June 2008

Info about Northern Ireland

  • It's just now 15 min till midnight and I can still see a "wee bit" of light on the horizon over the mountains.
  • They really do say "wee bit" quite often
  • They drink more tea than any culture I have ever been around. I may float home from all the tea I've been offered to drink!
  • Crumpets are actually served with tea
  • I still have no idea what a crumpet really is...
  • We've only had potatoes served with one meal... well, unless you count the "chips" (aka french fries) we had with lunch today
  • I've already been here long enough that I'm typing this and expecting you to read it with an Irish accent
  • It's the end of June and we're freezing. It's been cold and rainy... more so than when I was in Belgium! Ahh!
  • But, because of the rain, the countryside really is as green and beautiful as the pictures and movies we've all seen!
  • My roommate (for the week) and I set off the alarm when we came "home" yesterday. It was quite fun! Luckily the police didn't show up. Our hosts were out for a bit and had set the alarm. After a few phone calls they finally called and gave us the code to turn it off. whew!
  • We were stopped on the road for about 15 minutes today while cows crossed the road to another field. Yes, I'll have pictures of that later :)

It's supposed to be yucky weather all week so PLEASE PRAY that God will allow good weather for our outdoor soccer (football) camps!! According to weather.com tomorrow is looking a little better so keep those prayers going!

5 comments:

Marsha Byers Mays said...

Hope that the weater gives you all a break. Glad to hear you are having fun.

Mary Beth Spann said...

I think I was reading it in a very weak Spanish accent.

Jodi said...

Hey girlie - I was supposed to email you ages ago, but had a massive computer crash and lost all emails...ugh! Hope you're doing well and that NI goes well!

Anonymous said...

Ah Ireland! Enjoy the countryside! Cow crossings in the USA just aren't what they used to be.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the cow pictures!