23 July 2009

Cheeseburgers in Paradise

I’m ready for a good AMERICAN cheeseburger. Yes, that's right. I like meat. And I like to eat. And I like to eat meat. And I'm not ashamed.

While we were in Peru, the Peruvians (I just love saying that word) went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed in their beautiful country. We arrived on July 3 and the evening of July 4, we had the most amazingly private fireworks display I've ever seen. I mean, wow.

Anyway, they did their best to make us feel at home as we celebrated our country's birthday, which included cheeseburgers and hotdogs for dinner. The hamburgers were actually ok. Although most of our group did NOT like them. The hotdogs... well, I usually eat maybe one a year. And by eating this one I met my quota until probably 2013.

But I digress. This post is about Cheeseburgers in Paradise. I'll get to be in a bit of Paradise this weekend as I meet up with my Clemson girls (and their families) for a picnic at the lake up in Rock Hill. Woot woot! I love these girls (and their families) and we don't all have the chance to get together very often, but we'll do it this weekend!

And I'll be secretly celebrating even more because I'll be eating a large, juicy cheeseburger... and loving it :)

No comments: