18 November 2006

TGI Fridays, Squatty Potties and a Little Basketball

It's amazing how much American food you will eat when you are out of the country! We ate at TGI Friday's twice and McD's twice. I think the last time I ate at Friday's was when I was living in Atlanta! And I may eat at McD's once a year. Actually, I think the last time I visited McD's was while I was going through Germany to and from South Africa. It makes me laugh!

Now, I've used squatty potties before. I know they exist and I'm not afraid to use them... unless of course the door doesn't really lock and the only light in the water closet is busted! However, after walking about for a bit and trying to figure out what I was going to do, I realized I didn't have a choice and decided to chance it! Luckily, after stepping outside to make sure the coast was clear, I saw Sasha and told him there was only one. So he said, "It's ok, you are safe!" You will be happy to hear that "Operation Squatty Potty" was a success :) haha!
The gym we were in for our conference on Tuesday was amazing. Although it was REALLY cold! Everything went well and the people we met in the Ukraine were very interested in what we had to tell them about Upward. We are at the very beginning stages, but who knows... Upward Ukraine may become a reality! We'll just have to see what all God has in store.

Orthodox churches are all over the place.

As are statues!!

It was a really good trip. It was odd being in Eastern Europe this time... many things were very familiar because it was Europe. But there are a lot of differences because it's in the east and still has a good bit of Russian influence. I'm thankful that God is allowing me to see different parts of the world and meet people in other cultures... and that's my job! It's amazing. He's amazing. And I'm so grateful for all that He is doing around the world and right here in Greenville. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad I am not the only one that eats at mcdonalds more when out of country than in the states. i ate at mcdonalds probably 3 times while in brussels then once in germany and that will probably be the only time i eat there this year. unless of course i have more unexpected trips out of the country this year=)