29 December 2006

Please Pray

It's been a strange evening... after going for a run to get out my frustrations over my Clemson Tigers losing the Music City bowl game to Kentucky I came home to hopefully watch the Gamecocks lose their bowl game. No such luck. So, while keeping the tv on ESPN I dove back into the 5th Harry Potter book that I am reading for the third or fourth time.

Somewhere in the midst of that I decide to check CNN.com to see what's going on in the world. Immediately I was reminded that Saddam Hussein was hanged tonight. That was around 10pm, which was about the time it actually happened (6am in Iraq). Needless to say, my mood and mindset changed as soon as I saw the news. Not too long after, a friend texted to remind me to pray for our troops, including her brother and sister-in-law as there will be celebrating AND riots in Iraq today.

The thing that gets me is that it seems that people like Saddam and Castro should only be people I read about in history books... not people that are on today's news. Go figure that with all of our "progress" and technology and everything we have "learned from history" that we still have people like them out there today.

PLEASE say a prayer for all the troops (regardless of what country they are serving), for the Iraqi civilians and all news crews. Most importantly pray that God will make Himself known during all of this and that He will be glorified... regardless of whether we understand what He is doing or not.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Thanks for the post Sabrina. It is so important to pray about. The number of American troops killed in Iraq has now outnumbered the number of Americans killed on 9/11. It can be so discouraging to think and hear about, and unfortunately we, myself included, don't pray or think enough about.

jill said...

I didn't realize you liked Harry Potter... I can't wait till the last book comes out... did you see that she finally came up with a title? Michael and I decided to listen to all of the books on tape during our many travels, we both thouroughly enjoyed them!