19 July 2007

Harry Potter and the Ukraine

If you don't know what the word "muggle" means, then you will not understand this post. But, read on if you like... :)

Some of you know that I'm an avid Harry Potter fan (check this if you don't believe me: B93.7's website).

Sadly, I will be leaving the country exactly 5hrs and 45minutes before the final book of the series is released. Since my Russian is not quite as good as I would like just yet, I will not be able to purchase the book and read it while in the Ukraine.

Therefore, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not spoil it for me!! Once I get back to the states a week from Saturday, I have an overnight layover in NYC and will probably head to the nearest bookstore to find a comfy chair to begin reading. When I get back to Greenville, the book will be waiting on me at home to finish it.

Alright, that's enough pleading. If you are able to get the book on Friday night or Saturday, enjoy it. I will be re-reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (for the 3rd time) so that I am fully prepared when I get home.

His hand closed automatically around the fake Horcrux, but in spite of everything, in spite of the dark and twisting path he saw stretching ahead for himself, in spite of the final meeting with Voldemort he knew must come, whether in a month, in a year, or in ten, he felt his heart lift at the thought that there was still one last golden day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.
-HP and the Half Blood Prince (p652)

Here's to "one last golden day..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabrina, you are crazy - buy the Ukranian copy and a Ukranian-English dictionary for the plane ride home. This is important.
P.S. Is that a wand I see in your hand in the picture?

Shannon Hayes said...

girl...i will not ruin it, except to say that i could not believe it when...hahaha. no really, it was great! sad to have it end, though.