17 June 2007

to buy or not to buy...??

Many of you know that my roommate is getting married in November (woohoo for the "soon to be" Neelys!!), which means I have to find somewhere else to live because a boy will be moving into 205! Crazy, I tell ya... :)

Anyway, I kept going back and forth trying to figure out if I should buy something or not. I was 98% resigned to the idea of renting for a while while I continued to save money and in six months or so, start looking again. Well, a week ago Monday I went and looked at a couple of condos and really liked one of them. Everything about it was fabulous. So, Wednesday I went to look again and just kept praying that if I wasn't supposed to do it, that God would just slam the door in my face (sometimes I have a really tough time following Him when he says, "No" so if the door is slammed in my face then I have no wiggle room).

So, Wednesday night I was sitting down with my realtor signing the papers to make an offer when we did a quick check on the interest rates. Oh my... they were at 6.75% which was half a percentage up from the last time I had been out looking. So, we decided to hang tight until morning when I could talk to my would-be lender. Although when I called him, rates had jumped to 7.125%. I think my heart stopped for a second.

He tried his best to look at other options for me and different programs but nothing was going to fit. So, I took this as God slamming the door in my face. And am, afterall, going to rent an apartment for a while. You know what though? I'm 100% fine with it. I don't know the reasons behind God stopping me from purchasing something right now, even though I have been through every scenerio possible in my head (trust me!). Therefore, I'm going to remain mobile in my living situation and see what He has in store.

Now all I have to do is find enough furniture to furnish a one bedroom apartment!! That's what happens when you've always lived with people who have enough of their own furniture. Although I am pretty excited about having a NEED to go shopping for household items. haha :)

No comments: