06 September 2007

Murder in the Kitchen

Last night I got in from a friend's house and was making my lunch for today. It was a typical evening and I had the bread, mayo, turkey and cheese out on the counter. I'm in my shorts and t-shirt (we had said we were going to try and work out. ha!) and had taken my shoes off. All of a sudden I feel something on my foot and look down to see a ROACH crawling over my FOOT! AHHHH!!!!!

Yep, I screamed. Like a girl. Sadly I quickly realized that no one was there to come to my rescue! A couple of weeks ago Kelly was over and while we were sitting on the coach, minding our own business, she screams because there is a roach on the wall. Being the good hostess that I am, I sat on the coach freaking out while she attacked it. Oh yeah, I also called my friend Myrna to freak about it too. Kelly loved me for that!

Well, last night she was not there. My roommate wasn't there and my husband wasn't there. Oh wait... that's right, I live alone now and I'm not married. DANG IT!! So, I had to suck it up and kill the roach. LUCKILY, I had a handy can of Raid under my sink because there was no way I wasn't going to be prepared after last time. Now, I've used Raid before, but it was mainly on ants. This is some powerful stuff!! One spray and the roach tried to run but didn't make it more than a centimeter before I sprayed him again. It was a quick death so he didn't suffer long. It took me a little while longer to get up the courage to actually dispose of him. So, I called Myrna to tell her of my bravery. She laughed. Um, hello!! I just killed a ROACH! This coming from the same girl who slept in the guest room a couple of years ago b/c a cricket was hiding under my bed! Yes, I'm a wimp. And I'm ok with that.


Ugh. So gross! Hopefully the little roachie is communicating with his little friends from the sewage pipes and telling them to STAY AWAY!! I know it's unlikely, but I can hope :)

2 comments:

Casey said...

That's exactly why I have a pest guy! I am so scared of bugs! My mom once had to leave work to come kill a palmetto bug in the bathroom of my apt b/c I needed to shower and I was freaking out!! So, you're not alone in your great dislike of bugs!

Anonymous said...

For real call the apartment people and be like... Listen, y'all got to get an exterminator up in my crib like yesterday. Nasty roach bugs.