05 May 2006

I forgot my passport when I came to Texas

Things that are different in Texas from the rest of the world:
- their BBQ is called Brisket. Aparently it's a side of beef instaed of pork (see picture to the right). It looks the same but I guess it does have a slightly different taste.
- they have a special kind of Dr. Pepper called Dublin Dr. Pepper. It's made w/ real cane sugar instead of corn syrup. It's actually not too bad.
-they don't really have sweet tea! How do you eat BBQ without sweet tea?!?!
- their Tex-Mex food is good, but I felt a little odd eating at a "Mexican restaurant" without a Mexican wait-staff.
- they claim they are southern, but they're not (see above statements).

I will give this to them though... they are very hospitable and a lot of fun. Yes, everything is bigger in Texas, including the jelly beans, but if that means having big fun, big meals and big desserts, bring it on! All I ask is that we bring in BIG pitchers of SWEET TEA!!


See, they're so nice! This coyboy even held my purse for me!













This is Arica and me with my first "Dublin." YUM! For those of you who don't know, Arica was my roommate while I lived in Brussels, Belgium. It's been so great to see her again after a year and a half!


Believe it or not, I even got on a real longhorn. His name is Pacos Bill and he was really nice. Don't mind that look he's giving the camera. He was just dumbfounded that a girl from South Carolina had come all this way just to see him.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I know- Reeves and I keep telling them- YOU CAN'T CLAIM TO BE SOUTHERN IF YOU DON"T HAVE SWEET TEA!!!!!!!!!! They just do NOT get it. And Brisket, well it isnt really worth talking about or eating if you ask me! Glad you are having a good time in Texas though!!
Rebecca