07 May 2006

OK, so I know a few people...

So, it turns out that I know a lot of people in Dallas... who knew! So, Arica graciously drove me around the metroplex to see everyone that I knew and I of course spent the last few days meeting people she knows. It was great though because I've been hearing about them all for the past two years that I've known her so this time I finally got to put real people with the names (I didn't say faces b/c I've seen pictures so I even already knew what they looked like)!

This was dinner w/ me, Mandy, Denalyn, Matt, Coy & Arica. We went to Cheddar's and then had Cookie Monsters for dessert (Jill, I thought about you with every bite!).


This is Amy... Arica and I went by to see her on our way to Denton for one of my Training Conferences for work (Upward Unlimited). Amy and I went to South Africa last summer to do an Upward soccer camp in Soweto. You tend to bond with people when you fly halfway around the world with them... :) It was great to see her!

Arica came with me to the Leadership Training Conference Friday night. She helped out and even ran into some people she knows. I think she knew more people than I did! It was great to have her there and let her see a little of what I do. The best part was that she got to hear Caz's Vision Message on Friday night to hear how Upward was started and about the vision that God planned long ago!

Saturday night, after the Training Conference was over and Natalie and I were done working, we met up with one of our college roommates, Becca, along with her husband Reeves and their son Tallon. Isn't he adorable? There's a link to their blog if you want to see more pics of him and his red hair ;)


And last but not least, Rick and Nelly came to eat with us too! Nelly and I met during my last semester co-opping with Delta Airlines in Atlanta. She's a Univ of Florida grad and then even came to Clemson (thanks to my influence) for a semester to begin her masters in HR. I think it's been about a year since I've seen her. She and her parents came through Greenville last year when she was graduating with her masters. So, it was good to see her again and meet her beau!!

So, it's been a great time over here in Texas and I'm heading home today. I'm actually kind of sad because I've seen SO MANY people and I feel like I've gotten quality time with each of them , including Stan Cole and his wife (Stan went to S. Africa with Amy and I last summer too), but I wish I could spend even more time with them. I even got to meet a handful of "my churches" that I speak on the phone with all the time since we were here for Upward. I love that this week in Dallas and last week in ATL at the National Convention that I was able to meet them and put faces with the names. The other thing about going home is that I looked so forward to last week and this week and traveling and now it's all over. It's been a blast but I don't know when I'll be traveling again. So... back to the mundane of working and life in G'vegas it is!

Don't worry... I'm sure I'll be off again soon. I'll keep y'all posted ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

WE LOVED SEEING YOU!!! hopefully it won't be soo long between visits!!
Becca

Anonymous said...

I don't recall signing a release for you to post that picture! It was so great to see you. Thanks so much for my cool Upward stuff! I took my bag to the Rangers game that night and it was perfect. Hope to see you again soon!!