01 May 2006

An Amazing Race

Last week we had our National Convention for work (Upward Unlimited) and it really was amazing. I was looking forward to it for many reasons... 1) I've been really bored and needed a change... mainly to get out of town for a while! 2) I was looking forward to meeting some of the people that I talk to on the phone all the time and they were going to be there from all over the country! Most of them were from Texas b/c that's the region I've been working with this past year, but I finally met some people from California and Washington state and even Oklahoma! It was so great to put a face with the voices and everyone was SO encouraging. It's amazing to be able to work for a ministry whose purpose is to evangelize children, but it's also incredible that I get to work with churches who share that vision of sharing the gospel with them.

As exciting as it all was, it was really tiring too. My department and the guys in the field (see picture where we look like a bunch of Skittles!) started the week off w/ some team building on Tuesday and then an Amazing Race all over ATL on Wednesday. There were many falls, many bruises, pulled muscles, scrapes and tired people at the end of the day! But it was well worth it. We went to a couple of churches, Hard Rock Cafe, the Coke factory, CNN, Turner Field and Stone Mountain. I took a break with the Coca-Cola Bear while I could...

It was an amazing weekend, but a tiring one also! I'm leaving for Dallas on Wednesday and I'm SO looking forward to seeing Arica (my roommate while I was in Belgium) b/c I haven't seen her in a year and a half! Good times ahead...!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So are we still on for this weekend?? Do I need to send you or Natalie my phone numbers?!? Looking forward to seeing you in "the big D"!! Tallon can't wait either- he went to bed early tonight- he's trying to stay caught up with his sleep so he'll get to play with you and Natalie!!=) =)