22 September 2006

I am not skilled to understand...

"I am not skilled to understand...
what God has willed, what God has planned.
I only know at his right hand...
stands One who is my Savior."

"My Savior lives
My Savior loves,
My Savior's always there for me.
My God He was,
My God He is,
My God He's always gonna be."
-Aaron Shust - My Savior My God

I LOVE this song. It's been on the radio for a while now and I've just found out it is actually a hymn that has been redone (go figure). A friend at work emailed it last week at the end of an email update to let us know what God is doing in his and his wife's life as they get ready to bring a son into the world. There are some complications with the baby, but to see their faith through all of it has been so incredibly encouraging.

God has shown me a lot this past week... He's reminded me how much He is in control. Earlier this year I was able to move into my "dream job" and have loved it. But in my head, I thought that was just the beginning. I thought for sure that since I had gotten the job I had been waiting a year for that everything else would fall into place; the "everything else" being a guy. Well, I was hanging out with a friend a lot for the past couple of weeks (ok, we were essentially dating) but instead of continuing to build into that relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, God used this guy to remind me what HE has called me to do. I want to work in missions, I want to go around the world and show people how much Christ loves them and I still want to live overseas again. This guy and I had different goals in mind and while it was fun hanging out, we weren't on the same path so it never would have worked. It's true that we are both awesome, but we'll be even more awesome with the people God has intended for us.

So anyway, "I'm not skilled to understand" all that God is doing but I'm thankful that He let me see into a minute piece of what the past few weeks were about.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Awesome perspective Sabrina, and encouraging as well. I can't wait to see where in the world you will end up, but I am excited for God to reveal each piece to you. I love how he orchestrates and is involved in the details.

And I too love that song! Someone told me his testimony and it was incredible...but I can't find it for myself anywhere. I wonder if it is in his cd?