11 October 2006

searching for life

"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen!" Luke 24:5,6

I read this passage this morning while eating my Cinnamon Toast Crunch and it stuck with me. I've read it numerous times before and heard it more than that. It's part of "growing up in church" and being there every Easter Sunday. But what got me this time is how TRUE it is.

I've heard a lot lately about speaking truth... whether you need to speak it to yourself or to a friend. The thing is, it's not just truth, it's Truth, with a capital T. It's the Word of God. It's the living Christ. It's what gets me through my day and many times is the only reason I get up in the morning. Jesus didn't die on that cross for nothing. He died for you, he died for me, he died for Bill Gates, he died for bin Laden and he died for all the Muslims who are in the middle of Ramadan right now (http://www.30-days.net/).

He had a purpose in what he did and it didn't stop there. HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD. His living, breathing Word speaks Truth day in and day out. He isn't physically sitting next to me right now, but he never leaves my side. He isn't audibly speaking to me each day, but I hear him often.

I just wish I could speak this Truth to others around me with more clarity than I think I will ever be capable of doing.

No comments: