08 May 2007

Janée in Brussels

It is very difficult to live and work somewhere and for that place, the people and the culture to not become a part of you. Whether you loved it or hated it, that place is a part of your heart. Such is the case with Brussels, Belgium for me. My time there opened my eyes to many things, including many people from different cultures, languages and faiths.

Since I came home - almost exactly 3 years ago - I have not stopped thinking about Brussles and the Muslim neighborhood I called home for 5 months. In the fall of 2004, a woman by the name of Janée moved into my old home and has been living and working there ever since. We have never met, but she has encouraged me monthly with her email updates telling everyone what she has been up to and all that God has been doing.

So, I ask that you pray for my friend who is in Brussels. The Greens have been home for close to a year, but the work they started there has been able to continue through Janée and there seems to be a chance that it will continue to go on! My heart lifted when I read about the possibility. While I have not seen the friends I made in Brussels in quite some time, many of them - who are not believers - are still on my heart. And it would be amazing to see this ministry to them continue!

Janée's blog is at http://onthefridge.blogspot.com/ so you can see for yourself all that God is doing!

No comments: