05 May 2007

on the hunt...

I'm still looking for a house but it's getting narrowed down. And I'm slightly less stressed than the last time I posted. :) Here are the contendors:

This is a cute small, 2 bedroom/1 bath and is listed at a GREAT price. However, the floor plan is a little off with with 1 bath and while it's in a pretty good neighborhood, the guys next door kind of freaked me out when we were driving away. So, I'm thinking no, but I don't know.

This one is great. Two story, 2BR/2.5 bath and it's maybe 2 miles from where I am now, which is fabulous. The floor plan is a little closed off and the kitchen is small, but it's in good shape and there are wood behind it, so it's really private. The only problem is their asking price is a tad high... but I do like it.

This one is in the same neighborhood as the one above, the price is better and the kitchen/dining area are combined so it's more open. It's 2BR/2 bath, one story and in great shape. The main con with this one is that it backs up to other townhouses so there isn't as much privacy.

So... I'm in a quandry. I think I've narrowed it down to the bottom two but I don't know which one I should go with. I may have a chance to talk the two-story to a lower price, but I don't know. Help!!

4 comments:

Casey said...

negotiate negotiate negotiate

go with your gut....the worst that could happen with the 2 story is they could refuse your offers but you never know until you try!

Rachel said...

does this mean that we're going to have parties on tuesday nights if you buy one of these houses? i definitely recognize that neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I vote the #2! =) Keep us posted! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

wow- how awesome! It is a buyers market right now in Florence so if it is in Greenville- I would try to negotiate the house you want at the price you want!! SOO EXCITED FOR YOU- keep us updated- they are all adorable!